|2018 Tree Work Completed|
Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago...
However, there is a awful lot of shade in Whiteland Woods.
In 2016, the Board contracted with Rockwell Associates, a urban forest and engineering group to help us identify high risk trees near homes. In 2017, we removed a number of these trees before they had an impact. Rockwell was reengaged in 2018 to provide a 5 year tree plan for the community which will address density, infestation and more high risk trees. The Report is due out in the 1Q of 2018.
The Board is not waiting as trees are simply overgrown, and more recently infected. We've recently completed 4 projects, they included:
- Removal of 6 infected ash trees on Silverbell
- The removal of a 70 foot dead oak tree on Fringetree that was within 40 feet of homes
- The clearing of 1,500 feet of the Nature Trail from the Clubhouse to Pendula Court (width and canopy heights)
- The clearing of 1,000 feet (0.3 miles) of invasive shrubs and vines along Silverbell Wall #5
More work is projected in the 1Q of 2019. This includes but is not limited to:
- Birchwood Londan Plane street tree removals around right of ways
- Birchwood pin oak removals and pruning to allow for roof repairs & replacements
- Torrey Pyne oak/maple tree topping
Thanks for your patience.
The Board at Whiteland Woods.